Sat, Oct 22|
Forest Park Fish Hatchery - Grand Drive
Day Hike at Forest Park and Kit Demo
Don Halpin organizer: - Difficulty 1 (out of 5 ). - Distance 4-5 miles (but can adjust as hikers prefer). After the hike, Don will do a demo on backpacking gear for anyone interested (especially for the Grand Canyon group).
Time & Location
Oct 22, 2022, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM CDT
Forest Park Fish Hatchery - Grand Drive , St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
About the event
- We can bring our loaded packs and show what we have, why, and how we pack.
- We can practice setting up our tents, etc.
- We can all discuss questions like “how do I purify water?”
Meeting time: 10:00 AM
• Meeting place: Next to Forest Park Fish Hatchery on Grand Drive in Forest Park.
• Hiking time: Game day call, but shoot for about 1.5 hours.
• Hike length: Again, game day call, but we expect 3 to 5 miles depending on hikers’ preferences
• Surface: We expect to hike on blacktop or dirt paths (also game day call)
• Dress: Layers and good walking shoes
• Food and drink: Bring some water and snacks
• Rest rooms: There are restroom very close (and they have remained open each time I checked)
• Parking: Should be plenty of free street parking
• Go/No go plans: We plan to hike rain or shine or cold or hot