Sat, Sep 10|
2022 Georgetown Colorado: 14er hike and more
Join us in Georgetown Colorado for our second annual Alpine Weekend. For those who want a challenge, we will try to summit a 14er (Greys and Torreys). There many types of hikes and options for other alpine activities. And of course there will be socializing and fellowship.
Time & Location
Sep 10, 2022, 7:40 AM CDT – Sep 12, 2022, 11:40 AM CDT
Georgetown, Georgetown, CO 80444, USA
About the event
Dates: September 9th, 10th, and 11th, with the summit hike planned for Saturday 9/10/22 (Anand will advise us to have an early start)
14ers planned: Greys and Torrey https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/colorado/grays-and-torreys-peak. Many possible hikes close by for those not wanting to do a 14er
City: Georgetown https://georgetown-colorado.org/ A cool town with a lot of fun stuff to do.
Medallion members: This is a MAC event but open to all. If you have not joined MAC I would welcome your consideration and would be happy to have a zoom call to discuss what we are trying to do MAC https://www.medallionadventureclub.com/. Or feel free to contact any of the currents members to get their take on MAC See https://app.medallionadventureclub.com/member/home/lodge for current members
How to register for this trip: https://www.medallionadventureclub.com/event-details/2022-georgetown-colorado-14er-hike-and-more
Housing: you have various options
- Housing that you arrange on your own
- Group house #1: I have booked a house that has capacity for 8 people, but we may be able to squeeze in a few more if needed. The rental cost will be about $275 per person for the weekend). You can see the place here https://www.vrbo.com/7678423ha?adultsCount=8&arrival=2022-09-09&departure=2022-09-12&haExternalSourceId=a9ad860a-2da7-4704-bddc-34ad82016bf9%203c1f00ac-f816-4b37-bca6-04da0a35046e%20hasc%20email&unitId=7142135&utm_campaign=VRBO_TRV_OLB_HASC_bookingConfirmation_PPB&utm_content=listing-id-121.7678423.7142135&utm_medium=email&utm_source=SYS&utm_term=20220324
Space is limited so the sooner you can let me know the more likely these will be availability. Priority to those who have already signed up on the Events page
- Group House #2: if Group house #1 fills up and there is interest, some may want to go in together to find a group house to share
- Camping out
Future Communications: I am gradually moving communications to MAC Slack. I believe MAC members have been invited to the Slack Workspace. This may be a bit of a coordination process, and Don Halpin (first class trail angel) is leading our MAC Slack workspace
Planning and Training: I would like to schedule two zoom sessions:
- Session #1: Coordinate the plans and the prep training. We will have two Wash U physical therapists who have volunteered to help us develop a safe and systematic plan to get ready for a 14er
- Session #2: Panel discussion of the 2021 Quandary participants to discuss their experience and make recommendations. This session will permit extensive Q&A for all first-timers.
I hope to see you in Georgetown